Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Foodie Penpals - March Reveal

My friend explained the concept of Foodie Penpals to me back in January. Needless to say, I was excited to try something new, especially since it had to do with food! I signed up and the rest is history... (Google "foodie penpals" or go to Lindsay Livingston's blog: www.theleangreenbean.com if you're interested.)

I arrived home from work two Wednesdays ago and on my doorstep was a small box from my foodie penpal Irene in California. I couldn't get into the apartment and take my coat off fast enough! I opened the box and inside was a card and a neatly packed assortment of goodies.



The contents included:
- A beautiful card drawn by a local artist
- 2 purple spatulas (one plastic, one silicone)
- Oregon Chai tea (sugar free)
- Maisie Jane's Truffle Almonds (from a local grower)
- Nature Valley trail mix fruit & nut bar
- Barbara's Snackimals - chocolate chip


My boyfriend and I were excited to try out the new plastic spatula for our weekend fried eggs. It works like a charm, and has now replaced the other spatula we had been using. And the silicone spatula deemed very useful for cooking/baking.



I usually drink my chai tea hot (except when I order one from Panera), but the weather is warming up so I added half milk and half chai mixture in a cup over ice. Mmmm, was it refreshing!

I opened the truffle almonds first, and I even let my my mom, boyfriend, and friends try some. I wish there were more in the package because they were delicious -- crunchy and chocolatey at the same time!

The granola bar and chocolate chip snacks were nice additions to my work lunches.

Irene was also nice enough to send me a family recipe for sugar cookies that I can't wait to try!

I have already signed up for April FPP and I think I'm hooked!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked your box! It's so much fun to open one (like Christmas once a month!). It's also a joy meeting different people around our great country!

    ReplyDelete