Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sugar Cookie Recipe

My Foodie Penpal from March, Irene, sent me a family sugar cookie recipe as a bonus to my box of goodies. I was more than thrilled and couldn't wait any longer to make them!

Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day, and I decided to bake them instead of going outside after work! But walking seven miles today around town definitely made up for staying inside baking yesterday.


Anyway, I whipped up the recipe in no time and was a bit hesitant since the dough turned out to be like cake batter. I used a spoon to scoop the messy dough onto cookie sheets and popped them in the oven. The apartment smelled amazing while they were baking! 




Cookie dough and the silicone spatula from Irene's FPP box


Soft, cake-like sugar cookies with a hint of vanilla and lemon
(Is your mouth watering yet?)


Filling is optional, but I decided to top one with strawberry jam...yum!

I gave some cookies to my neighbors since the recipe made a lot! I will bring some to my mother when I visit tomorrow as well. Recipes are a wonderful way to share a part of one's family history, and I am very grateful that Irene sent this to me! 

1 comment:

  1. Every time I bake these I remember my mom. It never ceases to amaze me how much "smell" brings us back in time!

    ReplyDelete